Saturday, August 6, 2011

Same-Sex Marriages Are They Natural?

Same-Sex Marriages Are They Natural?

While some states have recognized and accepted same-sex marriage as been

acceptable; Georgia has not. Georgia is located in what some refer to as the Bible belt.
An area that is considered to be very faith based. I for one do not agree with same-sex marriages. I think that it under mines the basic principles of normal families and marriages. A marriage should be between a man and a woman as so states in our laws.
I have no problem with partners receiving each other benefits from mutual agreeable contracts such as insurance; however, I do not think that this union should be recognized as a natural marriage under our state and federal constitutional laws.
Recently there was a picture of Sir Elton John and his partner and there baby boy that they adopted. It did not look natural to me at all. It really looked very –very strange.
I wondered to myself how this child life will be once he is older. What questions will he asked once he sees normal families as compared to his own.
According to Bible same-sex unions are not recognized and acceptable in the eyes of God. It goes against His natural laws as recorded in the third chapter of Romans as written in the New Testament. I believe that we live in a free country with certain rights. I think that sometimes we accept things that are not in the best interest of the country as a whole. This only erodes our moral standards and well being.
Many of the rights that same-sex couple’s desire could be legalized without making it the same as traditional marriages. I think this would be the best approach rather than destroying the institution of marriage as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment