Thursday, February 29, 2024

Off My Chest!!!

I remember when Ifirst saw you and met you! I think we both needed someone in our lives. I think that was why it was so easy for me to fall in love with her! Little did I know that six months later you would be my wife! There is something about meeting someone and getting to know that person inside and out. But do you really know that person? When we started on this journey of life she was only 19 and I was 23! We both had a lot to learn about life and each other. I just want to make her happy! And I worked very hard at it. Whenever I worked and traveled out of town I would always try to find some unique gift that I thought she would like and I could bring back to her. The first ten years were wonderful and full of happiness; especially when after six years of marriage our daughter came into our lives, followed two years later with our son. We both had the family that we had prayed and dreamed of. We had also moved four years earlier into our first home. We had always said that we did not want to raise a family in an apartment that we want a home! I always made a point to spend time with them both at bed time and tuke them in. I would often read to them. This brings back some special moments. I can feel the tears building up in my eyes! My son really looked forward to spending time with him before he went to sleep each night! But what happened after 16 years! Why did it all fall apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment